Monday, January 27, 2014


EMILY WITH BIG COAT

8 x 10" (20.32 x 25.4 cm) open edition / unsigned / unframed $50.00 USD + shipping

My printshop uses Fujicolor Crystal Archive HD printing paper with 100% acid-free stocks, which provide a longer lasting print.  The prints are easily folded or torn, so having them framed is somewhat important for preserving their condition.  They should be hung, if possible, out of direct sunlight for maximum color retention.  Your shipment, whether it be a limited or open edition print, will be in a secure, cardboard mailing tube.

I prefer to let people feel what they may, but I'll tell you something that this image makes me feel.  Or rather, how I don't feel.  I don't feel cold at all, even though she is wearing a toasty coat, so it seems like she is in a cold place.  I purposely made the colors warmer.  I don't care for the cold, but I love the coats, jackets, scarves, gloves, and hats that people wear in the colder months.

The model for this image is another of my favorites, wearing someone else's coat.  And the bird? If you say it's made up, I'll scream.  They always seem to make it into one of my pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment